Friday 4 January 2013

What's an Otaku?

Can I be considered as an Otaku Fan?
even though just a lil bit?
I found that it's meaning is like this;

Originally お宅 otaku meant house - and as nerds and geeks tend to hang out in their house the word for them became Otaku.
In Japanese Otaku generally refers to a nerd of some sort - most usually a computer nerd with no physical abilities who is heavily into reading and other solitary pursuits. It can also refer to someone who has an unhealthy obsession for anything that is unphysical.
In Western cultures the word Otaku has been taken to refer to people who are specifically into Japanese Anime, Games, Cosplay and
Basically anyway you look at it the word is negative - more negative that nerd in my opinion.

I'm kind of like a geek when it comes to computer and such..
and also I've been reading Manga within like these past few weeks..
I downloaded them before, never thought I'd read them
and would download much more than what I thought I would need..
Now I'm hungry for Shojo Manga!! Romance!!
but I try to control myself..
I don't want to be attached to these..
Esp now that my mom kept on telling me,
don't spend too much time on your laptop~
LOL!! If she only knew how addicted I am~
*WELL OBVIOUSLY*

I might take it as an offensive word..
but I'm rather glad! lol!! Coz it's like describing me..
in some way though... =))) anways..
What do you think? ;-?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yea ..then I`m an otaku...

anime manga..... alot of other staff

but japanease peopole consider otaku as weird >> am I right..!

Serenity Dreamer said...

aww~ I'm delighted.. Thank you for commenting!! >w<

lol! yeah~ same here!!
yhupp you're right! But don't mind them.. XD WE'RE PROUD TO BE OTAKU!! LMAO!! XDD